Fun Facts About Our Pets
Your cat seems smart, but how sharp is his memory? Why is it your dog can always outrun you? Is it your imagination, or does it seem like your bird is always eating? Here are some interesting facts bound to keep you guessing.
Fun Facts About Dogs
- Dogs only sweat from the bottoms of their feet, the only way they can discharge heat is by panting.
- Dogs have about 100 different facial expressions, most of them made with the ears.
- Dogs have about 10 vocal sounds.
- Dogs do not have an appendix.
- There are more than 350 different breeds of dogs worldwide.
- Dalmatians are born spotless: at first pure white, their spots develop as they age.
- Contrary to popular belief, dogs aren’t color blind; they can see shades of blue, yellow, green and gray. The color red registers on a grayscale in a dog’s vision.
- Most domestic dogs are capable of reaching speeds up to about nineteen miles per hour when running at full speed.
- Using their swiveling ears like radar dishes, experiments have shown that dogs can locate the source of a sound in 6/100ths of a second.
- Domesticated for more than 10,000 years, the dog was one of the first animals domesticated by humans.
Interesting Feline Facts
Fun Facts About Avians and Exotics